Sunday 12 November 2017

A new model army?

 Red Regiment - Charcot's Foot
 Red Regiment - Charcot's Foot
 Blue Regiment - Parliamentarian
Covenanter musketeers

Well my last post here was back in September and was the painting instruction for EWH 2 Trooper Roundhead Cavalry (Ironsides), so it seems appropriate to post these pictures of the ECW infantry I have just finished, which are some of the figures which came with it. I am currently in the middle of painting around 30 Roundhead and Royalist cavalry, with a mounted general each.

I have only had a very few (10-15) ECW figures so I was very pleased to acquire through this blog around 75 foot figures as well as the 30 or so Horse referred to above. These are all original figures dating back to the late 60s/early 70s. I may need either to acquire some extra figures to make more representative units (the Royalists are short of musketeers and the Covenanters will have to be Commanded Musketeers until if and when I can get some pikemen for them), or buy some different sized movement trays from Warbases.

The other odd figures I have include a Roundhead General on foot, a gun crew, a musketeer or two and a smattering of dragoons.I will have a Les Higgins artillery piece somewhere which I can press into service.

When Horse are done I will have a reasonable starter force (though it would work better as one side of two).

When the Horse are finished I will post photos. I may also try to get a better picture of the Blue Regiment to replace the slightly blurry one on this post.

2 comments:

lewisgunner said...

Hi,
I think I have some Clayton period pikemen if that would be of interest?
Roy

Vintage Wargaming said...

Hi Roy anything ECW is of interest - these ones took an age to paint but then I was doing them in one huge batch with all three units on the the go at the same time