Wednesday 4 February 2009

Catching up

Not much progress on the blog front recently, partly due to work, partly due to deadlines for online tax returns, and partly diverted by a large pile of plastic wagons, Airfix ACW artillery, and battlefield accessories for which I have finally bitten the bullet and started trying to sort out. Amongst other things this has involved painting 30 Airfix artillery pieces. On a similar note, I was delighted to find the parcel I was picking up today was the artillery pieces, caissons, limbers, horse teams and small arms ordered from Musket Miniatures before Christmas. I am looking forward to seeing whether the MM sabres are more successful for me when trying to replace broken swords than pin swords, which I have never got to work well, despite investing in a miniature anvil, special hammer etc...

I'll hope to get some posts with pictures moving again soon.

2 comments:

Stryker said...

Hi Clive – Is this a source of separate 20mm swords you have discovered? I have never got on to the advanced stuff with flattened pins and drills and just cannibalise other figures and stick them on with super glue. As I am running out of donor figures any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian

Vintage Wargaming said...

Hi Ian

have a look at the subsequent posts and if there's anything else you want to know get in touch. The Musket Miniatures ones are nice and do seem to work well, just not an economical way to get hold of them, so tempted by RSM ones. Still need to come from the States though - need to find someone in the UK who does something similar. I would have thought Irregular might but can't find anything in their catalogue. Maybe we could commission some and make them available to HHers everywhere. And I need about 20 separate lancer arms for FN44 while we are at it...