Saturday 25 July 2009

Prussian National Contingent: Artillery





These pictures shoe the artillery elements of the contingent, which is very well provided in this respect. The first picture shows a Hinton Hunt Prussian field gun code A4 with a Hinton Hunt crew: and due to a miscalculation when ordering guns from Newline I currently have one crew waiting for a gun.

The second picture shows 6 crews with Newline guns - 4 6 pdrs and 2 howitzers.

The final picture shows 3 limbers. I only have one set of limber riders, both Clayton castings, one of which has lost an arm! I will replace this eventually. I have plenty more limbers but am restricted by the lack of suitable horses. The ones here were very kindly provided (and painted) by Stryker, of the Hinton Hunt Vintage Wargames Figures blog.

My intention with limbers is to provide 2-horse teams on the base, then have a number of 2 and 4 horse additional bases which can be added to limbers on the move.

No comments: