Tuesday 9 May 2017

Hinton Hunt Figures WATERLOO

I have just obtained this document dating from 1965 and the 150th anniversary, possibly from the Wargamer's Newsletter's Military Festival at the Duke of York Headquarters in Chelsea on 20th March (see this post on Doug Crowther's admirable Unfashionably Shiny blog).









I have also come into more Hinton Hunt painting instructions. These are not particularly legible as some of them are bad carbon copies, but when I scan them I will photoshop them as best I can.

On a more long term basuis I might consider typing them all up in a word document or series of documents, if there was a demand for this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clive- please do, there is always a demand. Marcus Hinton often included the samller details that others neglected.

Vintage Wargaming said...

Ok. I also have more Rene North uniform cards I might post as they include drawings

Captain Nolan said...

As a beginner Hinton Hunt collector/painter, all such guides would be very useful. Are there any posted now? If so, can you post a link?

Vintage Wargaming said...

Captain Nolan

If you scroll down the list of labels (headed "look for") in the menu down the right hand side of the home page and click on "painting instructions" the ones which are posted will all come up. As I say here not all of them are particularly legible, as I might have either poor carbon copy originals or poor copied scans people have sent me. I have made a start on transcribing all the French ones, and the transcripts will be much easier to read, print and use.

Captain Nolan said...

I have linked your blog at: http://battlesandcampaigns.blogspot.com/

Vintage Wargaming said...

Thanks. As I am not an invited reader I can't view your blog.