Saturday 11 April 2009

The Battlefield Commemoration Unit: Leipzig 1813-1973

I posted previously the biography of Marcus Hinton and the only picture of him I have ever seen where he is not wearing his bowler hat, from the programme for this event held at the National Army Museum on 19th and 20th October 1973. Now I have the Vintage Wargaming blog up and running, I have decided what to do with the other material from this programme. I have therefore posted all the uniform information, text and pictures all by Marcus Hinton, here on the Hinton Hunter, and the other historical material describing the battle, by Peter Young and David Chandler, over on Vintage Wargaming. Blogger will only support five attachments per post, as far as I can see, so the text for the allies (and specifically that for the Austro Hungarian Empire) is split across two posts below.


No comments: