Sunday 8 February 2009

Sword arm replacement


















Following my post of the converted one armed ACW Cavalry officer figure on 19th Jan, and the recent posts on sword replacement, I found some sprues (can you have metal sprues? or are they just plastic?) from Tumbling Dice with alternative weapon arms for Crimean cavalrymen. A bit of superglue and a lick of paint later and my officer is now ready to lead his troops in battle.
I don't know if I can obtain these sprues from Tumbling Dice without the figures they come with, and they are perhaps a little short and thick to be a perfect match on Hinton Hunt figures, but this looks to be a good solution for those figures which need new arms, not just swords. I'm certainly pleased with the way it has turned out for this figure.

No comments: